Sunday, April 19, 2009

All Star Pitcher

Connor was invited to pitch for our All Star team again this year. For those who don't know, Connor was invited last year after he pitched 4 perfect innings against the All Star coach's son's rec team. We declined at first because half the games and practices are on Sunday, and we don't play baseball on Sunday. A couple days later we got an email from the coach saying if we would allow Connor to pitch for the team he would never be required to play on a Sunday, or any other day that was significant for our religion. Connor was thrilled, to say the least! We are so excited that they have allowed us the same privilege this year. Thanks Coach Hansen!!!

I know I have posted a bunch of other pics of Connor pitching, but I just can't get enough of it. I am so proud of his talent (in a good way :) ). Here are some pics I took at the game yesterday. He pitched a full game, and aside from 1 walk (which he swears was a bad call :) ) he had a perfect game, including 8 strike outs.



5 comments:

  1. Way to Go, Connor!!! We're so proud of you!
    Like I've said before...can't wait to see you play in the majors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent a ton of money to have our pics taken professionally. Yours look just as good.

    Dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am assuming you are talking about the beach pictures. They were taken by our friend who is an awesome photographer and has a rockin' nice camera. You just need to come to the beach next year so he can take some for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lana, he is amazing! How old is he? Has he just grown into it or have you really worked with him on it? What a special thing -- I'm glad you're encouraging him in it!

    And, what an AWESOME blessing that they are willing to work with him about keeping the Sabbath!?! Nearly unheard of, but it speaks volumes about his talent and the coaches respect for your beliefs. Good for you for being such a wonderful example despite the temptation it must have been. Thanks for your example!

    Thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan,

    Connor is 11 (will be 12 in Aug). We have no idea where his talent comes from (well, Heavenly Father of course). He just loves baseball, watches it all the time, and has had some awesome coaches, and a dad who loves to play catch with him. We finally did one private lesson this year with the other pitchers on our team, but other then that it is all natural. :)

    ReplyDelete